Recent

Saturday, April 3, 2021

Std:7 Sub: English Final Examination

Enfant India English school
STD:7th.                Marks:50
Q.1 (A) Do as directed. (10 Marks)
(1) Complete the words by using correct letters. 02
 (i) st_rt (ii) sl_ve (iii) gr_at (iv) fo_ce
(2) Copy the sentences correctly. 02
 (i) “Yes, but I wonder what Bholi will say.”
 (ii) “So there you are!”
(3) Put the words in alphabetical order. 02
 (i) left, soon, change, twin
 (ii) modern, mail, mute, mingle
(4) Punctuate the following. 02
 (i) then whats the secret of your energy i asked.
 (ii) lets speak together
(5) Make four words (minimum of 3 letters each) using the
 letters in the word ‘brotherhood’ 02
Q.2) Read the following passage and complete the following activities.10 marks

“It will be a fantastic birthday this year,” I said 
in a mocking tone. “All I will get is a pair of 
shoes and a hand-knitted pullover. I had asked for 
a table tennis set, but my mother said, ‘It is totally 
out of the question this year’.”
My friend, Muk looked at me thoughtfully. He 
drew a bit closer and said, “Well, Rohan, I don’t 
say I believe in it, but my cousin said it works. 
And there is no harm trying, don’t you think?”
“Trying what?” I asked.
“Well, my cousin said, ‘If you really want 
something badly, all you have to do is to run 
around a banyan tree at midnight and chant 
seventeen times: Unke, Munke, Timpetoo’. ”
I desperately wanted my wish to come true. 
Still I asked, “Why seventeen times and why at 
midnight ?”
“Don’t ask me,” replied Muk, who was my best 
friend. “That is how it is done, I suppose. Why not 
try it ? It would not do any harm.”
I thought it was all nonsense. Besides, I couldn’t 
think of any banyan tree in our neighbourhood. 
There was one in old Mrs Groover’s garden. But 
who dared to enter her garden ? Not me ! And not 
at midnight! Mrs Groover had been the principal 
of our school till last year. One look from her 
piercing pale green eyes was enough to silence 
bullies like Rinkoo Lal of Class X. I had seen it 
happen with my own eyes.
“Forget it,” I said. However, the thought kept 
haunting me till the day before my birthday and I 
just could not think of anything else.
“Okay,” I said to Muk, “if you come along 
with me, I will go to Mrs Groover’s garden tonight.
1. Make adjectives from the following.
• harm • continu(e) • believe 
• fear • thought • wish 
• question • courage 
2. Choose the correct alternative.
(a) Rohan desperately wished for .
 (i) a pair of shoes (ii) a warm pullover
 (iii) a good friend (iv) a table-tennis set
(b) Rohan and Muk entered the garden at mignight .
 (i) to frighten Mrs Groover (ii) to chant arount the banyan tree
 (iii) to steal some fruits (iv) to look for a table-tennis set
(c) Rohan had finished rounds of the tree before Mrs Groover 
discovered him.
 (i) seventeen (ii) six (iii) eleven (iv) twelve
(d) The table-tennis set was gifted by .
 (i) Mrs Groover (ii) Rohan’s parents (iii) Muk (iv) Timpetoo
3) complete the following.
1) There was one in old _________.
2) the thought kept ___________.
4) underline the prepositions.
1) I went to the concert.
2) I live at 39 cadell road.
5) who was Mrs groover?
Q.3) Read the following poem and complete the following activities.

I come from haunts of coot and hern,
I make a sudden sally
And sparkle out among the fern,
To bicker down a valley.
By thirty hills I hurry down,
Or slip between the ridges,
By twenty thorpes, a little town,
An half a hundred bridges.
Till last by Philip’s farm I flow
To join the brimming river,
For men may come and men may go,
But I go on for ever.
I chatter over stony ways,
In little sharps and trebles,
I bubble into eddying bays,
I babble on the pebbles.
With many a curve my banks I fret
By many a field and fallow,
And many a fairy foreland set
With willow-weed and mallow.
I chatter, chatter, as I flow
To join the brimming river,
For men may come and men may go,
But I go on for ever.
1)Find the meaning of the following words or phrases :
• ridges • brimming • eddying • babble • fallow • trout • netted
2. Answer the following :
(1) Who is the speaker in this poem?
(2) Which lines are repeated in the poem? What do they mean?
(3) Where does the brook join the river ?

Q.4) write a letter to the members of your housing society inviting them to attend a lecture on save water.
                    Or
You participated in an inter school music competition.write a letter to your friend describing this experience.
Q.4(A) Draft a speech to be delivered before 9th STD students on the ‘importance of reading newspaper.
Q.5) your school magazine is going to publish an interview with Saina nehwal in its sport section.write down 10 questions you will ask her.
Q.6) Expand the following ideas 
Work hard , work smart.
Q.6(A) Develop the stories
It was a dark and stormy night.A man was riding a horse-------