Recent

Friday, April 2, 2021

Class-12 Sub-English Weekly Test

Burlington junior college 
Sub-English.       Marks-10
Class-12

Q. 1)Read the passage and write its summary and give suitable title.5M

Communication is a part of our everyday life. We greet one another. smile or frown, depending on our moods Animals, too, communicate, much to our surprise. Just like us, interaction among animals can be both verbal or non verbal. Singing is one way in which animals can interact with one another Male blackbirds often use their melodious songs to catch the attention of the females. These songs are usually rich in notes variation, encoding various kinds of messages, Songs are also used to warn and keep off other hlackbirds from their territory, usually a place where they dwell and reproduce

Large mammals in the oceans sing too, according to adventurous sailors. Enormous whales groan and grunt while smaller dolphins and porpoises produce pings, whistles and clicks. These sounds are surprisingly received by other mates as for us several hundred kilometres away.

Q. 2)Draft a virtual message:5M
Using information from the dialogue given below, write the message which Amrita left for her brother, Sourajit. (Do not leave out any vital information or add any new information).

Shekhar: Is this 28473892?

Amrita : Yes. May I know who is speaking?

Shekhar :I am Shekhar. I want to speak to Sourajit. I am his friend from IHM, Goa.

Amrita : I am his sister. Sourgjit is not at home at the moment. Con you ring up a little later?

Shekhar: I shall be a little busy. Actually, I have got a placement at the Hotel Mumbai, and will have to join with immediate effect. So right now I am trying to get all the formalities completed. This is the news that I wanted to give Surajit. Will you do that for me? Also tell him that I will let him know my new cell phone number as soon as I get one

Amrita : I'll do that. Bye and all the best.

Amrita had to leave for office. So she wrote a note for Sourajit. Draft her message in not more than 50 words.